QUESTIONS FOR LARGE GROUP DISCUSSION (30 minutes):
(Note for Group Leaders)There are more questions than your Group will likely have time to get through. Choose the questions that connect to the aspects of the message that were resonating the most deeply with you.
Let's all have a Bible opened up to John 1:1-14 as we discuss what God was saying to us from this week's message.
- What is it you want this Christmas?
- Jesus came down and the Word became flesh dwelt among us. Incarnation. Does this change your understanding and experience of Christmas this year? If so, how?
- Jesus came so you could know Him. Do you also want to know more about God? Does He still seem far away and maybe even a little scary?
- How will you love Jesus back this Christmas?
PUTTING THIS INTO PRACTICE
Based on how God has spoken to us through this weekend's message, here are some thoughts and examples of how we can put God's word into everyday practice.
Pastor Steve gave us some practical action steps to slow down and intentionally gaze on the true meaning of Christmas. Here are some of them:
- Make your Christmas playlist songs about JESUS
- If you have a nativity set, linger there
- This week – Read the story slowly right out of the Bible
- Matthew 1-2
- Luke 1-2
- John 1