BEFORE YOU GATHER
Prepare for Your Group: (10-90 minutes)
- Familiarize yourself with this Group Discussion Guide
- If you missed it,CLICK HEREto watch the weekend sermon
- Read John 19:38-42 & 20:1-31
- Sit in prayerful silence with God for a while, and then ask the Holy Spirit if there is anything that He wants to do during your Group's time together.
Opening Prayer: (1-5 minutes)
In light of what God is saying through this week's message, here's some suggestions of how your Group can invite God into your time together.
Open up your time in prayer with thanking and praising God for the work that Jesus accomplished on the cross, for the empty tomb, and what this means for our salvation, and the salvation of the world.
Quick Connection: (5 minutes)
Let's have everyone take 30 seconds each to share a phrase or a moment from this weekend's message that is still resonating with them. You also have the option to say "Pass."
Large Group Discussion: (30 minutes)
This weekend's message came from John 19:38-42 & 20:1-31
Reflecting on this weekend (Good Friday and Easter):
- What words and actions of Jesus do YOU need to remember?
- What was something you already knew, but needed to be reminded of again?
- What was something brand new that you never want to forget?
- What is one area of your life that you are asking Jesus to bring his victory into?
Here's some greatresources to do some more digging into the evidence and meaning of the Resurrection of Jesus.
The Case for Christ, Lee Strobel
Cold Case Christianity,J. Warner Wallace
Surprised by Hope, N.T. Wright
The Resurrection of the Son of God,N.T. Wright
CLOSING PRAYER (5-15 minutes):
In light of what God is saying through this week's message, here's some suggestions of what your Group could talk about with God in prayer.
Close your time together with prayers that remind each other of the truths and promises that God spoke to us this weekend.