Whether you joined us for live teaching at one of our 5 locations or tuned in online this week, you’ve joined Cornerstone on a journey of reimagining church. This week we focus our attention on our own spiritual gifts and how we can use our gifts to serve others.
If you missed the sermon this week, no problem! You can watch the on-demand Online Church message! Click here.
Read Romans 12:3-8.
Read these verses in at least three translations.
- Why does Paul give the analogy of the human body to describe the different spiritual gifts? How does this help you understand how the church is supposed to “work together?"
- Let’s dig deeper into the spiritual gifts. Have you ever thought about what your unique spiritual gifts are?
- Below is a list of some of the spiritual gifts listed in the Bible. Can you identify two or three that resonate with you?
- Intercessory Prayer
- If you are in a group setting, what gifts do you see in those around you? Share your thoughts and examples.
- If you have yet to do so, we encourage you to take the "What's My Fit?" Spiritual Gift Assessment. This is a great way to discover your passions, abilities, and spiritual gifts!
Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 18-20; along with verses 27 and 31.
Feel free to read the entire chapter if you have time! It is SO GOOD.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-14: What do we share in common despite our variety of differences? How does this unite us?
- 1 Corinthians 12:18-20: Who designed the body to have all the parts it has? Have you ever questioned God’s design for the church or your role in the church? What did that look/feel like? What does verse 18 say about where you are right now?
- 1 Corinthians 12:27: Who is excluded from Christ’s body? Careful, it’s a trick question…
- 1 Corinthians 12:31(b): What is the most excellent way of life that Paul will introduce us to in the next chapter? Why do you think that specific chapter comes after this one? How do our spiritual gifts affect how we love each other, as Jesus calls us to?
- What is the connection between your specific spiritual gifts and serving others?
- Share an example of when you experienced or when you saw someone experience the joy that comes with serving someone.
- Pray about what God is leading you to do in this next week. What gifts can we pray for you to activate, allowing you to bring the church to your zip code? Where is He calling you to step up and out to serve someone?
We encourage you to check out Daily Steps, our companion devotional guide for individual reflection, prayer, and meditation on related Scripture selections throughout the week!
Every week, throughout the East Bay, the United States, and the world, hundreds of people who call Cornerstone Fellowship home give their time to serve. Whether it’s connecting with kids as a small group leader in CF Kids, greeting first-time guests at one of our physical locations, connecting with others as a Church Online Chat Host, or opening your home or backyard as a Neighborhood Church, every volunteer from Cornerstone Fellowship is making a difference!
We value helping everyone find a serving opportunity that is a great fit for them, not just to fill a need. Click here to learn more!
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS
If you live in the East Bay, we have put together a group specifically to help local individuals in need of random acts of kindness. It's easy! Get notified via email of a need, and if you have the time and/or resources to "act," then go for it! Click here to learn more.