BEFORE YOU GATHER
- Familiarize yourself with this Group Discussion Guide
- If you missed it,CLICK HEREto watch the weekend sermon
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:26, and Acts 6:1-7
- Sit in prayerful silence with God for a while, and then ask the Holy Spirit if there is anything that he wants you to share during your group's time together.
Opening Prayer: (1-5 minutes)
In light of what God is saying through this week's message, here's some suggestions of how your group can invite God into your time together.
Spend some time opening the discussion with each person sharing an area of our church's ministry that they appreciate, and why it matters to them. Open in a prayer of thanksgiving to God for our church.
Quick Connection: (5 minutes)
Haveeveryone take 30 seconds each to share a phrase or a moment from this weekend's message that is still resonating with them. You also have the option to say "Pass."
Large Group Discussion: (30 minutes)
This weekend's message came from 1 Corinthians 14:26. If everyone has a Bible, let's go there together.
- Read 1 Corinthians 14:26 together. Who is someone that you have seen using their gifts in building up the church?
- If "not one of us is as good as all of us," then why are we all needed?
- Read Acts 6:1-7. We see in this passage a need for different gifts of service. How did the early church respond to those who were being overlooked?
- Thinking about the differences between "renters" and "owners"… how do you care for the things you own? And how can you take more ownership in the church?
- Thinking about your spiritual gifts, talents, life experience, personality, and passions how do you see these merging together in how you might serve people at our church?
- What do you think is your next step with Jesus as we consider serving. Did you reach out this weekendto find a right ministry fit for you?
NEXT STEP INTO A LIFE OF SIGNIFICANCE
Every week, there will be 1 or 2 ways that we can take what God is saying to us through this series, and put it into practice.
We want to help you find your fit for serving in our church community. You could begin a great conversation about what God may have in store for you.
To take this step further, there are 2 options:
- Browse our serving opportunities (be sure to indicate your campus in the drop-down menu): http://cornerstoneweb.org/volunteer/index/
- If you're not sure what type of ministry God has designed you for, and you'd like to start by talking with someone at your campus, fill out this Serving Opportunities Contact Form: https://cornerstonefellowship.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=459
CLOSING PRAYER (5-15 minutes):
In light of what God is saying through this week's message, here's some suggestions of what your group could talk about with God in prayer.
Spend some time in prayer that God would use us to build his house. Pray specifically for each other and the next steps we shared earlier about taking with Jesus. And ask for his guidance and wisdom in your own life for where he might want to use you