BEFORE YOU GATHER
- Familiarize yourself with this Group Study Guide.
- If you missed it, CLICK HERE to watch the weekend sermon.
- Spend some time in prayer before your group gathers.
- To prepare for discussion, CLICK HERE for a few facilitation tips.
- As a leader you always have the option to use some or all the questions and/or write your own questions.
Opening Prayer: (1-5 minutes)
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of how your group can invite God into your time together.
- Ask God to guide your reading and discussion.
- Ask God for more insights about where He is calling you to serve.
- Ask God for wisdom and discernment so that you can encourage one another to take their next steps with Jesus.
Quick Connection: (5 minutes)
Share a time when you volunteered or participated in an act of service. What did you remember? What stands out in your mind? What were some of the outcomes?
Group Discussion: (30 minutes)
This week we will explore what it means to serve as Jesus served.
Open your Bibles and together read John 13:3-15 paying close attention to verses 13-15.
- What did Jesus do in this passage? According to verses 13-15, why did He do it?
- In your opinion, what is the modern day equivalent of washing someone’s feet?
- Why do you think Jesus calls us to acts of service like washing each other’s feet? Why is it important in the growth of a disciple to intentionally serve?
- Take some time to pray as a group about where God is calling you and your group members to serve or to continue to serve.
CLOSING PRAYER (5-15 minutes):
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of what your group could talk about with God in prayer.
- Pray that God would “make straight” a path to serve.
- Pray for each other and encourage each other to use their gifts in God’s kingdom.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
- Find a way to "wash someone's feet" every day this week.
- If you have yet to find YOUR spot to serve at your campus, pray about what and where God could be leading you to serve.