BEFORE YOU GATHER
- Familiarize yourself with this Group Study Guide.
- If you missed it, CLICK HERE to watch the weekend sermon.
- Spend some time in prayer before your group gathers.
- To prepare for discussion, CLICK HERE for a few facilitation tips.
- As a leader you always have the option to use some or all the questions and/or write your own questions.
Opening Prayer: (1-5 minutes)
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of how your group can invite God into your time together.
- Pray that God would open our hearts and minds to the truth of God’s word.
- Pray that we would be able to share honestly and in a safe place together, and that we would encourage each other to take our next steps with Jesus.
Quick Connection: (5 minutes)
Answer one of these: What is the best gift you have ever received? Or, what is the best gift you’ve ever given?
Group Discussion: (30 minutes)
This week we will explore the next step of GENEROSITY.
- Jesus talked more about money than about heaven, hell, healing or salvation. Why do think it is such a taboo topic for conversation, prayer requests and sermons?
- God doesn’t need our money. So why is it so important that we are generous? Why is it faith’s greatest enemy?
- Read 1 Timothy 6:17-19. Discuss the contrast between a generous heart and a stingy one in how we use our wealth.
- What are some harvests you have received or experienced because you were generous?
- The money you give away represents minutes, hours, or days that you have worked. How much more might you be willing to work and give as your next step?
- Do you sponsor a Compassion International child? Share about them - their name, age, etc.
CLOSING PRAYER (5-15 minutes):
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of what your group could talk about with God in prayer.
- Pray that we would take time this week to reflect on how we use our time, gifts and money to serve God.
- Pray that God would show us where we are doing a great job of giving, and where we can increase our giving.
CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK:
- Make a list of all the ways you can be generous.
- Memorize 1 Timothy 6:17-19.