This week's message drove home how we need to not just read scripture to better understand our calling from God, but to better understand His love for us and how we are to live it out as His servants during our time here on Earth. Consider these questions as they apply to your own life.
- How has your understanding of scripture reading changed after hearing this message? Has it inspired you to approach scripture differently? If so, in what ways?
- What are some specific ways you have experienced the language of love expressed through scripture in your own life? Can you share any personal examples or stories?
- In the message, John mentioned the three principles of calling, consideration, and confession. Which of these principles resonates with you the most, and why? How do you see these principles intersecting in your own spiritual journey?
- Reflecting on the concept of "consideration," how can we as a small group extend our boundaries of love and understanding to those outside our immediate circle? Are there any practical steps we can take to actively practice consideration in our daily lives?
- Are there any barriers or challenges you face when it comes to expressing and sharing your faith? How can we support one another in boldly living out and sharing our confession?