freedom in fellowship
This week we kicked off a series about how obedience to Jesus isn't just checking off a list like chores we have to do; it is a vital part of love and community. Join us this week as Pastors Christiaan and Adrian talk about how the path to true belonging in fellowship starts with truth and how fellowship requires more than love as just an adjective or a concept, it needs to be an action!
Read 1 John 1 - 2:4-11
1. Pastor Adrian said that Fellowship is relationship plus mission. Does this definition change what you think about how and who you will fellowship with in the future? Has the definition redefined your fellowship with Jesus?
2. What does love require when it comes to self-love? Do you see yourself as God does in Isaiah 43:4? How does affect your relationship with others?
Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life. - Isaiah 43:4
3. Is there sin (anything that harms others or harms our relationship with God) that you need to confess that you have previously ignored?
4. Speaking in truth is often uncomfortable, discuss a time when you were able to speak in truth and love with positive results.
5. This week’s message asks you to reveal your true self in community. Does this scare you? Or does it allow you the freedom to no longer act like you have everything together?