- YourGroup leaderhas beenprovided with way too much content so that theyhave plenty of material to work with please trust their lead as they choose the elements that are best suited for your group dynamic, andespeciallyif they choose to skip overparticular elements or questions.
- If you still wantto engage with a particular question or element that your Group leader skipped over, consider going through that part with a family member, a friend, or on your own.
QUESTIONS FOR LARGE GROUP DISCUSSION (30 minutes):
Let's all have a Bible opened up to Luke 12:13-34 as we discuss what God was saying to us from this week's message.
- What is the purpose of money and material things for the Christ follower?
- How can we identify if we have a healthy relationship to the money that flows through our hands each month?
- What are some practical steps we can take to identify when we have "enough"?
- In what ways are you allowing God to coach you about your regular income as well as your stored assets?
- How can we set ourselves up now so that what we own never owns us?
- How do you determine how much you should share?
- How does our interaction with the intention cardsrealignour priorities towards getting behind the gospel movement here in the East Bay?
- What are some of the benefits that can be experienced when a large group of Christ followers combine their resources together?
Basedon how God has spoken to us through this weekend's message, here are some thoughts and examples of how we can put God's word into everyday practice.
- Frugality–Learning to live with less money and still meet your basic needs. Before buying something new, choose to go without or pick a less expensive alternative that will serve your basic needs. Live a simple, focused life.
- Sacrifice–Giving of our resources beyond what seems reasonable to remind us of our dependence on Christ. Choose to give your time or finances to the Lord beyond what you normally would.
- Thanksgiving—Spend time expressing gratitude for all that the Lord has given you. Think of a way to express generosity this holiday season towards your family and friends.