Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! We look forward to serving you as you prepare for this very special occasion. We believe God established the union of marriage to be a lifelong covenant. We offer premarital counseling and tools as a part of our commitment to the success of your marriage.
The Covenant of Marriage
We believe God established the union of marriage between a man and a woman to be a sacred, life-long covenant. God gives a wife to a husband and a husband to a wife, and they are to receive one another as God’s unique and personal gift. (Genesis 2:18: Genesis 2:22-24)
“Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.”
At the deepest level, Christian marriage is a covenant of faith and the closest human relationship possible. Jesus is intentionally invited to be a witness to your covenant of love and should remain at the center of your relationship as you grow in your love for one another over a lifetime.
Cornerstone Fellowship is committed to the success of your marriage. Our premarital mentoring will enhance your engagement and marriage through God’s Word. Completing this program requires a commitment to make it a priority, schedule the time required and complete the work with integrity. Our mentoring ministry includes:
- Pastoral Interview
- Prepare and Enrich Couples Inventory
- All printed materials and books
- Minimum of eight sessions with a premarital mentor couple
- Six-month follow-up with your mentor couple
Our desire is to serve you by providing a biblical foundation for building a strong and lasting marriage according to God’s Word.
- Contact Care to complete a premarital intake and determine the availability of premarital mentoring
- If a Cornerstone pastor will be officiating the wedding ceremony, you will be asked to contact the pastor for a Pastoral Interview.
- A premarital mentor couple will be assigned to you for a minimum of eight sessions of premarital mentoring. After the wedding, your mentor couple is available to encourage and support you through the first year of marriage.
- Our premarital mentoring fee is $125.00.
- Pastor honorarium is not included in the premarital mentoring fee. The honorarium is a separate payment to the pastor. For a suggested honorarium amount, please ask during the intake.
Contact for any questions or more information.