BEFORE YOU GATHER
- Familiarize yourself with this Group Study Guide.
- If you missed it, CLICK HERE to watch the weekend sermon.
- Spend time in prayer before your group gathers.
- To help you prepare, CLICK HERE for a few facilitation tips when it comes to leading difficult and potentially controversial discussions.
- As a leader you always have the option to use some or all the questions and/or write your own questions.
- *PLEASE NOTE: The Study Guide next weekend (December 29/30) will be a modified version due to the New Year celebration!
Opening Prayer: (1-5 minutes)
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of how your group can invite God into your time together.
Father, The wonder and miracle of your son’s first breath delivered to us a Savior - wonderful counselor - Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. We praise You that You are with us in joy and sorrow, broken and healed, chaos and calm, noise and silence, love and fear, dark and light. That Your love never fails and is the greatest gift - How comforting in this season. Amen.
Quick Connection: (5 minutes)
What was your favorite Christmas gift you received?
Group Discussion: (30 minutes)
This week we will explore... Luke 2:1-40, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8
- Why do we give gifts? How does it feel when you give or receive a gift?
- Read through Luke 2:1-40 and discuss your discovery of all the miraculous gifts and to whom they were given. (Dig in and think out of the box). Do any of these resonate with you and why?
- Read John 3:16 and Ephesians 2:8. Share with the group when you encountered the gift of Jesus and the impact it has had in your life.
- Tell when have you shared the gift of Jesus to someone and how it was received?
CLOSING PRAYER (5-15 minutes):
In light of what God is saying through this week’s message, here’s some suggestions of what your group could talk about with God in prayer.
Jesus, as this season of celebrating the gift of Your birth comes to a close may we reflect on our spiritual growth this past year and ask for wisdom as to how we will take what you teach us in your word forward. Amen.
RESOURCES FOR FURTHER GROWTH, DISCUSSION & DISCIPLESHIP
It's not too late to join us for a Christmas Eve service at one of our five campuses as we celebrate our coming King! Click Here to find Christmas Eve service times and locations - as well as Spotify playlists for use during your Christmas day celebration!
**As a reminder: The Study Guide next weekend (December 29/30) will be a modified version due to the New Year celebration!