Wednesday, April 24, 2019, 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
James says to take care of the widow and the orphan. Let's take this command head-on and serve those who tirelessly work for vulnerable children and families in our community!
Our county social workers and staff have a tough job to do; a job that is emotionally draining and with huge caseloads (meaning real people with immediate needs). We have the opportunity to show them our thanks and appreciation for what they do!
On Wednesday, April 24, Cornerstone Walnut Creek, alongside other amazing local churches, will be serving lunch (and have a fun raffle) for over 100 social workers and staff of the Contra Costa County Children and Family Service’s office in Pleasant Hill.
Volunteers Needed! Click on the button below to sign up.
Here are ways you can serve:
- Write 10 thank you notes
- Make or buy cookies or brownies for 25
- Buy a case of water
- Help prepare food on Tuesday, April 23
- Help serve food at the CFS Office in Pleasant Hill on Wed, April 24 (10am-2pm)
- Provide a gift for a raffle
- Put together a gift basket with your friends or community group
- Costco Giftcard